Online urban design learning space launched
Urban Design London (UDL) has launched its new e-Learning website Learning Space Learning Space is an e-resource with up-to-date information, comment and examples on topics relating to all aspects of urban design, from looking at how places are structured and explaining the qualities of well designed places to discussing how design should be dealt with within our planning and transportation systems.
Urban Design London is testing the resource at the moment and would love to hear what you think of it. It's free until the test period is finished. There are forums all through the site where you can post comments or ideas. But during the test period, Urban Design London would also love to know your views on the site.
- Pilot for a new web-based biodiversity planning toolkit launched
- More funds for post-graduate planning tuition fees
- Developing Sustainable Communities competition encourages young students to experience 'real life' town planning issues
- Foundation Degree in Sustainable Communities now available in Nottingham
- Survey to probe why planners now favour private sector jobs over traditional local authority roles
- Sustainable skills matchmaking service for students seeking placements
- Second Urban Design Compendium, plus new website, focuses on strategies for creating quality places
- Careers drive to target skills shortages across the sustainable communities sector
- Built environment learning for young people in the North West
- New urban design training opportinities available
- RTPI launches Future Planners bursary scheme with universities and employers in UK and Ireland
- Evidence to Farrell Review finds short termism and lack of design skills and resources across local authorities as key issues
- Planners to be 'freed' from excessive development control and encouraged to think more about long-term 'placemaking' needs
- National Skills Action Partnership: members of placemaking professional institutes can access CPD from 11 bodies
- Planners' toolkit on climate change launched for policy officers, development managers and elected members
- HCA streamlines support package for local authorities seeking technical advice
- Councils losing '£1.4 billion infrastructure and development funding due to paperwork and administration issues'
- The human city: research-based manifesto for creating a ‘human’ urban landscape published
- New measures will 'speed up' decision-making, encourage councils to raise funds from developers and create apprenticeships
- National survey reveals skills shortages in the green space sector