A comprehensive collection of information and material Runcorn New Town in the UK.
The following material is included:
- Brief facts and figures including dates of designation and wind up of the development corporations, reasons for designation and location of the new town.
- Maps of the local and regional setting, as well as master plan proposals maps, and maps of the town at designation and more recently.
- Census and Development Corporation statistics on population and employment.
- Background material which accompanied the preparation of designation orders.
- A comprehensive, factual account of the development of the town from its designation to the present, examining structure, land use components, achievements and future plans and proposals.
- and incorporating photographs -- some from archive sources.
- Interviews and papers from the senior officials closely involved with the planning and development of the town.
- A selection of photographs depicting various aspects of the development of the town, including many from archive sources.
- Aerial photographs, to illustrate the development of different areas of the town at various stages.
- Reports from both local and national press, providing a flavour of opinion and comment around the time of designation of the town.
- Information on local sources holding significant holdings of material on the town.
©The Planning Exchange Published on RUDI on May 29, 1998.