March 28, 2014
- For a city economy to be successful it needs an efficient transport system, quality housing and the people with the skills to work there. Yet, a city economy rarely stops at the end of a local authority boundary. Many people live and use public services within one local authority, but work in another. more >
March 25, 2014
- Members of the Local Government Association’s (LGA) executive have backed the next stage in the creation of a municipal bonds agency.
The LGA will now seek to raise the capital needed to establish the agency by convincing councils and other bodies, such as pension funds, to become shareholders. more >
February 10, 2014
- A new report by Savills aims to develop a model for the viability of large greenfield sites in different strength markets. It claims that to take a view on the viability of policies across the country, we have developed a model for the viability of large greenfield sites in different strength markets. more >
February 10, 2014
- PBA has carried out qualitative research to find out how local authorities are planning for infrastructure across England. The work yielded interesting results, some of which accord with earlier work by University College London. Building Infrastructure: Achieving Growth was written by Clarke with Steve Woolley, the former civil servant responsible for CIL.
Download the report here... more >
January 16, 2014
- Infrastructure projects which could deliver land for housing and for employment activities are held back because they do not pass narrowly-focused appraisals processes and do not make the full use of the skills planners, says the Royal Town Planning Institute, in a new report on transport infrastructure. more >
December 9, 2013
- A new national infrastructure plan containing information on over £375bn of planned public and private sector infrastructure investment has been announced by the Government.
View the details online
The plan sets out investment for energy, transport, flood defence, waste, water and communications infrastructure up to 2030 and beyond. more >
November 20, 2013
- The Prime Minister has launched a ‘one-stop shop’ for foreign investors wanting to back urban regeneration and infrastructure projects.
The new body will be called the Regeneration Investment Organisation and will operate as part of UK Trade and Investment.
More information on the BIS website... more >
October 16, 2013
- A new report from government think-tank Localis has revealed that innovation is vital in improving public services, according to respondents.
The report, Changing Places, found that respondents viewed leadership as key to developing services, followed by technology and collaboration. It also urges Government to ‘put rocket boosters on its localism agenda’ to stimulate local growth. more >
In transport terms, there is, of course, a reasonable body of evidence suggesting strongly that creating more road capacity is often just as pointless an exercise. Traffic growth predictions can simply be big numbers that bludgeon common sense into submission. Yet recent UK reports, The Government's Action for Roads and London’s Roads Task Force, both seem to accept dubious 'estimates' whilst failing to procure real facts or robust evidence
August 19, 2013
- A new research report, commissioned and funded by Defra and Natural England and produced by consultants, has been prepared to assess whether investment in Green Infrastructure increases economic growth, based on the available evidence. more >
For members RUDI is a not-for-profit membership resource. For full access, subscribe here
Latest jobs on UrbanDesignJobs.com
£40,620 to £43,380
Principal Urban Design Officer (Fixed Term Contract 2 years)PO5 - £40,620 to £43,380Regeneration,... more>